Evolution and keyring drive cpu to 99% when sending

Peter N Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jun 1 23:14:57 UTC 2008

Folks,

I'm using Xubuntu 8.04 on a Toshiba 1905-S303 laptop. Recently (the last
couple of Hardy upgrades), I've noticed that when I try to send a new
Evolution email out over evolution-exchange to our MS-dominated system
at the office, the process of opening a new form and writing the email
drives my CPU use up to 99 percent, where it stays until I shut down
evolution. When I use a system monitor to look for the culprit, it's
acutally gnome-keyring that's using more than half of the combined
evolution/keyring CPU use. This problem does not occur when I'm sending
Evolution email via my own ISP. Any thought on what the solution may be
on this?

With best regards,

Pete
--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"