can't use Google Earth !

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Jun 1 20:03:54 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 12:26 -0700, David Fox wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Ahmed Hosny <ahmed.hosny.eg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, now i need to install my graphics card drivers that in repositories ..
> > How to do that ?
>
> Probably 'sudo apt-get install fglrx-driver'
> and "sudo apt-get install fglrx-driver-source"
>
> You'll likely need build-essential and module-assistant to build the
> driver source. And you're probably now using the supplied ati video
> driver with xorg, so that might explain why you don't get direct
> rendering.

There should be no need to muck about with fglrx-driver-source and
building it.

It should be sufficient to go to menu System > Administration > Hardware
Drivers and enable "ATi Accelerated Graphics Driver". This should
install the xorg driver and the kernel module as well and enable them.

Otherwise, the fglrx kernel module binary can be installed by installing
linux-restricted-modules (instead of building it from the source)