Hardy: Firefox and(lack of) Java Applets

Kenneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com
Sun Jun 1 14:06:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 13:54:04 +0000, Anthony Gardner wrote:

> Having googled, it seems as though java applets are not working
> correctly under Firefox ( 2 and 3 b). All suggestions for getting this
> problem fixed already exist on my friend's lappy (Dell Precision M60)
>
> The Java Version test works fine, I can see the file upload applet on my
> machine (both running Hardy)
[Snip]

64 bits?

There isn't a java plugin for the 64 bit operating systems.  If you
google Ubuntu 64 bit applet plugin you'll find the information you need.

If you aren't running 64 bits then it is just a matter of installing the
plugin in your browser.  Again google is your friend.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>
http://www.electricsenator.net

  Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from
  acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.
        -- W. Somerset Maugham