Win98 -- all kidding aside

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:20:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Bart Silverstrim
<bsilver at chrononomicon.com> wrote:
> Pastor JW wrote:
>> On Friday 25 July 2008 01:58:23 am Mario Spinthiras wrote:
>>> I'm sure there are reasons to run Microsoft products , I just haven't been
>>> able to think of any for the past 15 years :)
>>
>> I thought I had found one a couple years ago but I was wrong,  merely a case
>> of believing windoze couldn't possibly be as bad as everybody said it was.
>> In truth, it was even worse.
>
> Here's one...realities of not being able to convert the planet overnight :-)
>
> I have to use it for running Windows-only networking applications,
> supporting Windows users on our network, and for a class I teach, I
> usually have to run Visual Studio Express.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm running a special version of an operating
system which no-one else has. I don't have any real issues with XP,
Vista, any flavour of Linux I have installed, OS X or an of the
operating systems I use professionally (AIX, Dynix, z/OS and MVS). All
of these people who find flavours of Windows completely broken
bewilder me to be honest - mine all seem to work perfectly well

/shrug

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0