The Ubuntu Experiment

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 10:56:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that everyone has heard about the Mojave Experiment (Microsoft
> showing off Vista as a new OS) why don't we organize an Ubuntu
> Experiment. We can show Ubuntu to people telling them it's a new
> computer OS, and when they fall in love with it we can give them a
> disk and say "not only that, but it's free!".
>
> What features would be good to demonstrate? Leave price out of it-
> that will come at the end.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

I think the term "Free" should be more emphasized as a feature other
than a virtue of open source. People nowadays will tend to believe
that a thing being *Free* is something that have less worth value.
Personally, I see being *Free* as a worry-free system policy feature
that is open source and highly collaborated which ensures the best
upgrades, security, innovations and new features. *Free* can also mean
something you get from torrent sites for *Free*(which is another
story). The real sad truth is it's really hard to generate
appreciation from something that they take from granted, but a
*Bundle* is something that have more value than something that is
*Free*.
Like the gift of free will, a drug-free community, and free from
suffering. *Free* is a vision, a gift, and a promise of an open
future.