Compiz or Firefox

Leonard Smith lenrsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:01:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 20:48 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 12:54 -0500, Leonard Smith wrote:
> > I have 1.5GB of RAM and I usually give VMWare 256MB but no more than
> > 512MB.
>
> Hm, that seems not to be a problem then.
>
> > > What does "take over" mean in this context?
> >
> > Nothing more than one of those processes consumes all of the CPU.
>
> I see. So, to summarize for my understanding: firefox, vmware,
> evolution, and compize will claim 100% CPU at different times? Do you
> see any correlaton between those 4 incidents? I'm asking because in your
> original mail you said that the 100% CPU usage happens "whenever" you
> run firefox and vmware at the same time. So, I wonder if this is still
> the case now that 2 other applications have joined into the issue.

Yeah, let me clarify. I first noticed the problem with firefox and
  vmware. I quit using vmware (as it was virtually unusable) and tried
 virtualbox. Seemed fine, at first, but then started having the same
  issue with it. Now I've noticed it happen anytime I have two or more
 of these applications running at the same time.