Compiz or Firefox

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Jul 29 18:48:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 12:54 -0500, Leonard Smith wrote:
> I have 1.5GB of RAM and I usually give VMWare 256MB but no more than
> 512MB.

Hm, that seems not to be a problem then.

> > What does "take over" mean in this context?
>
> Nothing more than one of those processes consumes all of the CPU.

I see. So, to summarize for my understanding: firefox, vmware,
evolution, and compize will claim 100% CPU at different times? Do you
see any correlaton between those 4 incidents? I'm asking because in your
original mail you said that the 100% CPU usage happens "whenever" you
run firefox and vmware at the same time. So, I wonder if this is still
the case now that 2 other applications have joined into the issue.