Pairing S9 bluetooth headset with Hardy

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 22:33:44 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Kennneth P. Turvey
<kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get my Motorola bluetooth S9 headset to pair with my Hardy
> machine, but with no luck.  I found a link that is supposed to help (to a
> blog), but unfortunately the article is no longer available.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I've never used bluetooth before so I'm not really sure what I'm doing
> here.

My only experience with bluetooth has been through pairing my wiimote
for use as a pointer/remote.  That being said, if hcitool sees the
device and/or you can see when right-clicking the Bluetooth icon (in
the Gnome panel) and selecting "Browse Device", then at that point you
need to make alsa aware of the headset.

Make sure you have this package installed:
bluetooth-alsa

That should provide the software you need to use the headset - I've
never done that though, so hopefully someone with more knowledge can
help you further...

Chris