Firefox locking up

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:24:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Leonard Bussey <lbus42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you follow the procedures on Sun's site or did you install the JRE
> using the Synaptic Package Manager?  I had initially downloaded it from
> Sun's site and used their procedures which hosed Firefox.  After using

I just got it from the repositories. I'm on 64bit, but that shouldn't
be an issue, right?

Here's what I have in the java department currently:

dfox at newbox:~/stellarium$ aptitude search java | grep ^i
i A java-common                     - Base of all Java packages
i   java-gcj-compat                 - Java runtime environment using GIJ
i A java-gcj-compat-headless        - Java runtime environment using GIJ (headle
i A libbcel-java                    - Analyze, create, and manipulate (binary) J
i A libjaxp1.3-java                 - Java XML parser and transformer APIs (DOM,
i A libjaxp1.3-java-gcj             - Java XML parser and transformer APIs (DOM,
i A libjline-java                   - Java library for handling console input
i A liblog4j1.2-java                - Logging library for java
i A liblog4j1.2-java-gcj            - Logging library for java (native code)
i A libmx4j-java                    - An open source implementation of the JMX(T
i A libregexp-java                  - regular expression library for Java
i A libxalan2-java                  - XSL Transformations (XSLT) processor in Ja
i A libxalan2-java-gcj              - XSL Transformations (XSLT) processor in Ja
i A libxerces2-java                 - Validating XML parser for Java with DOM le
i A libxerces2-java-gcj             - Validating XML parser for Java with DOM le
i   openoffice.org-java-common      - OpenOffice.org office suite Java support a
i A sun-java6-bin                   - Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (
i   sun-java6-jre                   - Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (