Firefox locking up

Clifford Haynes chaynes33 at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:49:44 UTC 2008

Leonard Bussey wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 21:29 -0700, David Fox wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Leonard Bussey <lbus42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> This did the trick for me.  It never occured to me that the jre files
>>> would be named sun-javaX-jre.  I installed jre6 and everything works
>>> like it should now.
>>>
>> Hmm. I just did that and restarted firefox - no go. The java test page
>> says my java is not working, despite having Enable Java selected.
>>

> Did you follow the procedures on Sun's site or did you install the JRE
> using the Synaptic Package Manager?  I had initially downloaded it from
> Sun's site and used their procedures which hosed Firefox.  After using
> Synaptic to install the sun-java6.jre files, everything went back to
> normal and Sun's java test site shows that java is working now.
> HTH

I'm having the same problem ...  Have sun-java file installed using
Synaptic Package Manager.
When I go to my game site, www.pogo.com, I can sign in OK, get to the
main page, the game
page, but when I go to play any of the games, I get the pop up "install
java now" "yes" "no".
I then check to see if all my exceptions are set, which they are, & test
according to their
test, which gives me 3 pop up windows.  Third one says I'm good to go.
Again I try & NO-GO.
Same thing all over.  Took out Firefox3 & put in Firefox2  Still a NO-GO.

What's up folks?  Seems to me sumfin is broke?  I'm still wet behind the
ears & need leading
by the hand.

Cliff