Ubuntu 8.04.1 - Intel Pro/Wireless 3945AGB Solution (w/o Duct Tape)?

Odean H. Goforth ogoforth at insight.rr.com
Sun Jul 20 16:21:11 UTC 2008

I am wanting to migrate from Windows to Linux.  However my wireless card
will not work with the current release of Ubuntu.  I am using a Dell
Notebook E1505 with an Intel Pro/Wireless 3945AGB card.  This card worked
fine with Ubuntu 7.10.

Will this card be supported in the Linux community or not?  I have been able
to fine reference to many people having the same problem I am however I am
finding no solutions to the problem only "Duct Tape" fixes that don't work.

If anyone has a solution please forward this to me.

Thank you

Odean