Latest Hardy Update & More Flashplayer Issues

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:35:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Leonard Chatagnier
<lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Strangely enough, I tried the above and all worked.
> Must be the bad link in the Today list. Guess I'm just
> false alarming; well not actually. When this was

I went to the abc news link and it worked fine. This is the first time
I've ever been able to get abcnews videos to play, actually. They
never were able to play on my old athlon tbird box running debian,
despite an updated version of flash. So I'm happy about that.

What I noticed when I was reading this and testing stuff out yesterday
was that I could easily play most videos, youtube, and such - no
problem there, but then I clicked on a cnn link that I got in another
mailing list and no video. I was able to repeat that. Maybe there's
some issue outside of flash - maybe it's the site? Most of the time
CNN videos will work, but why they wouldn't play right after
successfully playing flash video on youtube?