screen freezing

Sevil Sen sevilsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 13:13:01 UTC 2008

Hi,
I've installed ubuntu 8.04 on my laptop (dell inspiron 700m). Everthing
seems working all right. However, the screen sometimes freezes and  i cannot
do anything more than pressing turn-off. i had a similar problem before when
i was trying to turn off/restart the computer. I've solved it by adding the
line  -Option "ForceEnablePipeA" "true"- to the xorg.conf under the Section
"Device". Thank you for your reply in advance.

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Configured Video Device"
        Driver "intel"
        Option "ForceEnablePipeA" "true"