Forum

Phil Sexton philsexton at skybest.com
Mon Jul 14 21:34:50 UTC 2008

Phil Sexton wrote:
> Allen Meyers wrote:
>> Obviously with this post I am recognized immediately as new and curious
>> with questions. The absolute beginners section which I posted to has me
>> somewhat confused. I cannot find my post nor any answers. E-mail lists I
>> understand because my answer if any is in my in-box.
>> I love ubuntu, but the puppy forum spoiled me as they have the
>> capability to click on my posts and there they are along with replies.
>> Not making any comparisons just attempting to learn the ins-and outs of
>> the ubuntu forum. Did I miss something very basic in my research. Please
>> advise as I am as excited as a 76 year old can be with ubuntu and
>> curious as all get out.
>
> Google showed me a web forum rather than an e-mail list, so perhaps
> you would like to join the Ubuntu forums:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/
>
> If you wish to change your settings for the e-mail list, go here:

> Welcome to Ubuntu!

A search for Allen Myers on the Ubuntu forums returned this post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=857696&highlight=Allen+Meyers

Was that what you were looking for?

If so, change your settings in the forum to subscribe to threads you
post to in the user cp.  Then, the forum will send you an e-mail
when there is a reply.

It may help to read:

http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=48