Installing fonts

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Tue Jul 8 09:30:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:14:24 +0300, Rick wrote:

> squareyes wrote:
>> Rick wrote:
>>> Ah! There's the sticking point. There are several places where fonts
>>> are stored in the new Ubuntu. I spoke ambiguously, because I don't
>>> know where to put them in 8.04.
>>>
>>> Rick
>>>

>> Hi Rick,
>> one place
>>
>> usr/share/fonts/
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> Take Care
>> Winton
>>
> It would help immensely, if it did not contradict the advice given by
> other savants in the group when I previously asked the question. How do
> I identify the truth?
>
> Is it your usr/share/fonts/ or /.fonts or /TTF or
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fonts>?

Why not all of them? Why do you rule out the possibility of _more than
one_ valid way to install new fonts? When you bought your computer, did
you blame the shop for having more than one model available?

> Why are there multiple answers?

Why did you ever consider a move to Linux? You already had Windows, and
you don't seem to like having alternatives.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com