Installing fonts

Rick rufus at hanadari.net
Tue Jul 8 08:14:24 UTC 2008

squareyes wrote:
> Rick wrote:
>> Ah! There's the sticking point. There are several places where fonts are
>> stored in the new Ubuntu. I spoke ambiguously, because I don't know
>> where to put them in 8.04.
>>
>> Rick
>>

> Hi Rick,
> one place
>
> usr/share/fonts/
>
> Hope this helps
> Take Care
> Winton

It would help immensely, if it did not contradict the advice given by
other savants in the group when I previously asked the question. How do
I identify the truth?

Is it your usr/share/fonts/ or /.fonts or /TTF or
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fonts>?

Why are there multiple answers? Why are there multiple places? Why is
nothing ever straightforward in Linux?

I have work to do, and I can't do it with a setup that is already this
time around going on a week.

Rick