8.04.1 Testing

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 3 15:56:27 UTC 2008

> On 07/02/2008 02:53 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:

>> we are in the process of rolling the 8.04.1 CDs for which we locked the
>> hardy-updates and proposed archives, a fix for pidgin is in the works
>> but waits fo the CD to be verified [1] by enough testers and for the
>> archive to be unlocked after that ... if you want to speed up, help
>> testing the 8.04.1 CDs ;)
>>
>> ciao
>> 	oli
>>
>> [1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/all

Oli: Tested 8.04.1 Alternate CD & all installed very well (excellent in
fact) and am going through the post installation tests now. There
doesn't seem to be any formal post installation report procedure that I
can find, is there one?  Should I just report the "past" bit as others
have done, or attach my complete post testings as well?

Recommend Ubutnu set up something like the smoke/litmus testing series
that is used by Mozilla; see: https://litmus.mozilla.org/

Gary

P.S. For others interested in helping out, the iso's are located here:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/hardy/
  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/hardy/daily-live/20080701/
  [live cd]
  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/hardy/daily/20080701/