ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 47, Issue 9

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 00:36:12 UTC 2008

Hi Jay

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 20:39:57 Jay Ridgley wrote:
> ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
>  > Message: 7
>  > Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:37:16 +1000
>  > From: James Takac <p3nndrag0n at gmail.com>
>  > Subject: workspace behaviour
>  > To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
>  >    <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>  > Cc: ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com
>  >
>  > Hi Guys
>  >
>  > Been noticing something interesting on one of my ubuntu pc's. It's
>
> the only
>
>  > one on 24/7. Basically if left alone for some time it switches
>
> workspaces by
>
>  > itself. It did it this morning as I watched. No intervention from me.
>
> Is this
>
>  > meant to be a feature or some oddity on my end?
>  >
>  > James
>
> James,
>
> I have 4 systems up 24/7 and NONE have ever done that...
>
> I have no clue why that would happen. I am sorry that I don't have any
> help for you...
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
>
> --
>

> Jay Ridgley
> jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
> Registered Linux User ID - 9115

No worries. I'm not overly concerned by the behaviour itself. Just for now
trying to understand what might be its cause

James

--
The enlightenment consists of a mysterious light which
the shaman suddenly feels in his body, inside his head,

The candidate obtains this mystical light after long hours
of waiting, sitting on a bench in his hut and invoking the
spirits. When he experiences it for the first time, it is
as if the house in which he is suddenly rises, he sees far
ahead of him, through mountains, exactly as if the earth
were one great plain, and his eyes could reach to the end
of the earth. Nothing is hidden from him any longer; not
only can he see things far, far away, but he can also
discover souls, stolen souls, which are either kept
concealed in far, strange lands or have been taken up or
down to the Land of the Dead.

Native American Religions Iglulik Eskimo Shaman Initiation