audio error in VLC

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:16:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Peter Garrett
<peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> The cdda:// option for mplayer is separate, as is the device option.
> Try something like:
>
> mplayer  -cache 500 -cdda speed=1 cdda://1 -cdrom-device  /dev/scd0

Thanks. Learn something new every day - now if  I could only remember
it. I wish this was a bit better documented. But anyway it does work
here with a CD I picked more or less at random. Normally, though, I
might be inclined to play cds through konqueror audiocd, or amarok, or
what have you. i don't usually do that in mplayer.

And you can span tracks - like cdda://1-10 or what have you.