USB Router Support?

Willis Taylor gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 04:49:46 UTC 2008

I have a 2Wire model 1000SW DSL Router.  I have one Windows computer
connected via HPNA, This unit connected via CAT5E and my main unit is
connected via the USB port.  As long as I fire the main unit up in
Windows XP all is well but the very moment I choose to crank it up in
Kubuntu 7.10 I loose my router connection.  The mainboard came with
onboard LAN and when looking for the Network all I find is eth0, the
NIC.  Is there anyway I can force the USB/Network connection?  I really
have become disgusted with Windows and want both my test-bed and my main
unit on Ubuntu with the KDE Desktop.  I do have a refurbished model 1700
2Wre router but it means reworkin all of my network, including my wifes
unit inside the shop building.

Just so you understand, I am very sick with Recurring MS and the address
on the old Router is 172.bla, bla, bla and the mod. 1700 with the five
RJ ports is 192. and on.  I get about on a walker so I really am putting
off the replacement router install.

Thanks to all for any and all input.