evo, imap and gmail are causing a small issue

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:58:09 UTC 2008

Hi and thanks for the suggestion. My deleted messages are in fact
hidden. The "all mail" folder is a feature of gmail. Whenever a message
is deleted from inbox, it gets archived by gmail, placed in all mail and
marked as undeleted. At least that's how it looks from my perspective.
The problem is that apparently if a message is unread it gets archived
that way. But if it gets archived by a pop download or via the archive
button on the gmail web site, it gets marked as read as it's being
moved. I'm not totally sure about the archival from the web site since I
don't use it to read my mail very much, but last I remember that's how
it worked.