evo, imap and gmail are causing a small issue

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Jan 28 13:48:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 20:51 -0500, Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
> Correction: It seems that only my unread messages are sent to all mail
> as unread. Perhaps I need to set evo to mark each message as read after
> a certain amount of time? Does this work if I don't use the preview
> pane? I personally prefer not to use the preview pane, since it tends to
> slow things down somewhat. Is there another way to fix this issue short
> of marking all messages in inbox as read before deleting them? Perhaps
> is there some way to force evo to mark any message as read as it's being
> deleted?
>
> Thanks,
> Lorenzo

Just a suggestion:

Since you are storing deleted messages in all mail, what about using the
options  View -> Hide Deleted Messages  to keep deleted messages hidden
until you finish reviewing them. You could turn turn them back on when
you need to refer to them.

I create a Trash file for deleted messages and expunge them, myself.
Using filters, I can then sort the rest of the messages into folders and
read them as I have time.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914            [http://counter.li.org/]