iRiver plays files in order they were saved

Steve Grace sgrace at pobox.com
Mon Jan 28 01:47:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 10:14 +0900, Thomas Zander wrote:

> On 28/01/2008, chombee <chombee at nerdshack.com> wrote:
> > Is this a nautilus 'issue'? (nautilus is doing something random to the
> > mtimes when it finalises the transfer). Is there some way around this?
> > Perhaps other file browsers would behave differently.
>
> No, it's not nautlius. I used to have almost the same crap iriver
> player you do and it always suffered from that issue, no matter if I
> transferred files from linux/BSD/Mac with/without nautilus/finder.
> Imho the only way to get around this is using the "manager" firmware
> and their "Manager" software on Windaz or using ifp-line on unix.

I have a player that does that same thing. The solution I'm using is
based on a tip that was posted a few months ago for an iRiver T60. You
can use the "rsync" command to sync the player to a disk image of the
music files. It mostly keeps things in alphanumeric sequence.

I can provide details if you like.