Java on AMD64 (Gutsy)

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at schoenhaber.de
Sat Jan 26 23:31:32 UTC 2008

Stratos Laspas schrieb:

> You can use the unofficial java 1.7 plugin from the following repo, it
> works fine

It provides only limited functionality. Especially accessing applets
from JavaScript an vice versa doesn't work. So, depending on your needs,
it may indeed work fine or it may be useless.

There's only one site I visit frequently that needs Java. And this site
won't work with IcedTea - which makes it useless for me (at the moment).
For complete Java support, I've installed 32-bit versions of Firefox and
Sun Java.

Regards
  mks