Firefox and Adobe Flash Player

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sat Jan 26 17:57:48 UTC 2008

Kim Briggs said the following on 01/26/2008 12:25 PM:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I have a Citicard and Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64.  It doesn't work with my 32
> bit version of Firefox that displays most Flash sites, but it works
> just fine with the 64 bit browser that has no Flash at all!
>
> It used to take over a minute to check and wait to confirm I didn't
> have Flash.  I wrote them a couple of letters about how bad their site
> was.  Maybe if enough people write them it will read a "critical mass"
> and they will do something about it.
>
> cheers,

Thanks for the shot of optimism.  I'm afraid these types of sites are
making a cynic of me.  Every time I get in touch with them, I get the
same old "we only support MSIE" run-around. But, I will continue, anyway.

I don't have a 64 bit version installed at this time.  I heard of to
many software incompatibilities, but maybe it's gotten better.

--
Ourwoods.org
 Digital circuits are made from analog parts. (83)