Firefox and Adobe Flash Player

Kim Briggs patiodragon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:25:03 UTC 2008

On 1/24/08, Alex Janssen <alex at ourwoods.org> wrote:
> Does anybody else have trouble with this page displaying properly, or am
> I the only one?
>        https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/home.do
> It's totally unusable and I don't know why.  Anyone know how I can make
> it display properly?  This looked ok on Firefox on my Windows box at
> work, but not on Linux at home.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Hi Alex,

I have a Citicard and Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64.  It doesn't work with my 32
bit version of Firefox that displays most Flash sites, but it works
just fine with the 64 bit browser that has no Flash at all!

It used to take over a minute to check and wait to confirm I didn't
have Flash.  I wrote them a couple of letters about how bad their site
was.  Maybe if enough people write them it will read a "critical mass"
and they will do something about it.

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com