Any one can help. i can not run live CD at tx1316

vincent chew valsabi at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 00:54:25 UTC 2008

--- Alexandra Zaharia <f0rg3r at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/08, vincent chew <valsabi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > any one help...... please i like ubuntu very
> much..
> > but just can not run it on my new laptop. please
> >
> > --- vincent chew <valsabi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > can any one help me on this .i just have at new
> > > laptop
> > > HP tx1316 and i can not run life CD, i already
> > > tested
> > > on all version, even try to run in safe mode
> also
> > > can
> > > not. i need help...
> > > HELP
> > >
> > > thanks.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Can you be a little bit more specific?
>
> * What kind of processor does your laptop have? Is
> it a 32 or 64bits
> architecture?

This is a AMD 64 Athlon X2

> * What do you mean by "you cannot run live CD"? Does
> it boot? If no, which
> is the stage in which it hangs and what errors do
> you get?

when i run on live Cd it will hang on a blank screen
after run all the checking.

> * What do you mean by "already tested on all
> versions"? -- What specific
> Ubuntu releases have you tried so far?

i tested 7.1 7.0 and also 6.06

> * Did you download the iso and burned it yourself?
> If so, did you burn the
> iso correctly? Did you check the md5sum to be sure
> the image was downloaded
> OK?
i tested on the iso i download and those cd i request
from UBUNTU. and to do the md5sum is the first thing i
do .

> * Have you tried the 7.10 alternate install CD? It's
> not a live CD - it
> doesn't have a graphical installer but a 'command
> line' one, suitable for
> tricky computers - such as the ones that don't have
> enough RAM or computers
> who simply have a 'tricky' hardware.

i tested also with the alternate install CD, it give
me the same result. anyway i having 2G ram for this
notebook.this trycky hardware is from HP.

Anyway thank for reply.