off: here's a small news flash for MS Products Users

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Wed Jan 23 05:45:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 08:36:34 AM +0000, andy baxter
(andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk) wrote:

> > Sure, a Microsoft project is the subject of the story, but what does
> > the real problem in the article has to do with Microsoft, proprietary
> > software or software patents themselves, for that matter?
> >
> What do you think the 'real problem' is?

The one I mentioned explicitly in the paragraph below that.

> I think that part of the real problem is that we live in a
> capitalist society where most of the important decisions about the
> future direction of technology are in practice made by people whose
> lives are shaped by the need of large corporations to return profits
> to their investors

Exactly my point. This is a general problem which has nothing specific
to Linux, Microsoft or software for that matter. As you yourself
agreed on, by the way:

> The problem is that corporations are the ones setting the agenda,
> and government is left running along behind trying to patch things
> up, when they even bother to try.

  Marco
--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software
http://digifreedom.net/