Check Forced...what am I not doing?

Albert Charron albert at albertcharron.name
Tue Jan 22 15:57:15 UTC 2008

Jared Buck wrote:
> It's just something that happens every 30 times you boot up or so.
> Mainly it's meant to check the integrity of the disk.  It does this
> automatically so you don't have to worry about doing so like you would
> have with windoze.  Don't worry about it.

Honestly, I don't like this behaviour. Other distros I've tried are
doing this check only when a partition is not cleanly unmounted (at
least for ext3 partitions). Is there a way to remove this check every 30
days? I found it a BIG waste of time on my systems...

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 361906