off: here's a small news flash for MS Products Users

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 21:12:39 UTC 2008

Richard wrote:
> On Monday 21 January 2008 3:38:48 pm andy baxter wrote:
>
>> thomas fisher wrote:

>>>    With the degree that fascism has been adapted into the mainstream
>>> of "modern" behavior this becomes a new key to really control everyone by
>>> a select few. I suspect such technology already is deployed under the
>>> auspices of " national security" with non but a few being privy to it.
>>> "They" become "god!"
>>>   Work place control. Voting machines. Airport security. Job interviews.
>>> School administration. National borders. Police interrogations. Prison
>>> administration. Probably in due time traffic intersection scans, and of
>>> course by that time license plates will contain chips. Orwell was right
>>> on target. Erich Fromm's book titled "Escape from Freedom" is a very
>>> enlightening read.
>>> Onward into hell
>>> Tom
>>>
>> I'm not that pessimistic. I reckon there's a limit to how much a few
>> people can control the behaviour of everyone else before the systems of
>> control and manipulation collapse under their own weight.
>>

> I guess, the point is that big brother, whom ever, could say..HEY Joe,
> your output today was only 98.9%, and not 110%, YOUR Fired.

Or - 'we have been looking at your record and think you might benefit
from attending our workplace productivity enhancement seminars... for
your own benefit of course...' ;)

My point wasn't that there's nothing to worry about, just that it's not
quite as black as the previous poster was saying, IMHO. If the
government and corporations had complete control over the population,
then linux wouldn't exist at all, but it does, partly I think because
people just don't like working in that sort of environment. I.e. people
are willing to put work into linux partly because free software projects
aren't run in that sort of way.