Issue installing Ubuntu

Shane McKinley mckinleysh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:25:31 UTC 2008

I had this issue.

1. Try to switch SATA cables (for some reason GRUB would only read the first
channel)
2. Edit your menu when booting and change hd1 to hd0. It may be slightly
different.

For some reason, even when I install Ubuntu now, it still enters hd1, when
it needs to be hd0. I have to change it manually in the menu.list file.

It worked for me.

-Shane