Recover gedit text after crash

Kent Paul Dolan xanthian at well.com
Sat Jan 19 14:20:01 UTC 2008

> From: Nelson Correa <nelson.ubuntu at gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:43:39 -0200

> But my main concern is a text I was finishing in
> gedit at the moment of crash. Yes, it wasn't save.
> Is there any way to recover or find the lost text?

The brief descriptions of gedit I was able to find
online [I'm currently in the MS-Windows side of my
dual boot, thus unable to "see" the gedit manual]
didn't describe it as a "journaling" editor, that
records every keystroke like vim does, mentioned
backup files but didn't say whether they were backed
up only at start of edit, or periodically, and
didn't mention a recovery option at startup time, so
unless you can find something to the contrary in the
gedit manual, you may have to do your edits over.

xanthian.