strange error while I add/remove applications!

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 00:46:24 UTC 2008

> Didn't you have this same problem last month?
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/131407

Yes, I've had this problem 'for a month' :)

> 1. System|Administration|Synaptic Package Manager|
> Click (lower left): Custom Filters|Broken - see what that turns up. If
> there is anything there, then: Edit|Fix Broken Packages

It shows no broken packages....

> 2. Try reinstalling libtracker-gtk0 + tracker first

When I try reinstalling libtracker-gtk0, I get this:

fadereu at fadeurium:~$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall libtracker-gtk0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B/49.1kB of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ...
*dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `libtracker-gtk0'
missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.*
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libtracker-gtk0_0.6.3-0ubuntu3_i386.deb (--unpack):
* files list file for package `libtheora0' contains empty filename*
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libtracker-gtk0_0.6.3-0ubuntu3_i386.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.
fadereu at fadeurium:~$

So what can I do to fix this?

http://www.algomantra.com