strange error while I add/remove applications!

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 17 21:29:14 UTC 2008

On 01/16/2008 08:39 PM, AlgoMantra wrote:

> and here's what happened, any insights? :
>
> *fadereu at fadeurium:~$ sudo apt-get remove --purge tracker
> [sudo] password for fadereu:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libdeskbar-tracker* tracker* tracker-search-tool*
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B of archives.
> After unpacking 2154kB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
> (Reading database ...
> dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `libtracker-gtk0'
> missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
> dpkg: error processing libdeskbar-tracker (--purge):
>  files list file for package `libtheora0' contains empty filename
> dpkg: ../../src/packages.c:252: process_queue: Assertion `!queuelen' failed.
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly*

Sorry... my DSL line is playing yo-yo today.

Didn't you have this same problem last month?

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/131407

Couple of more things to try:

1. System|Administration|Synaptic Package Manager|
Click (lower left): Custom Filters|Broken - see what that turns up. If
there is anything there, then: Edit|Fix Broken Packages

2. Try reinstalling libtracker-gtk0 + tracker first

sudo apt-get install --reinstall libtracker-gtk0
sudo apt-get install --reinstall tracker