Distributed network RAID

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Wed Jan 16 18:09:43 UTC 2008

I recall seeing that this was possible, and wondered if someone on the
list can help with pointers and/or experiences trying it...

I remember seeing a way to create a filesystem on two computers such
that you have two partitions mirrored over the network for increased
reliability.

For example, I would be able to take /home on machine 1 and any changes
I make will automatically migrate over to machine 2's /home, then if
machine 1 dies for some reason I can log into machine 2 and my data
would be intact until I can bring up machine 1 again.

Anyone else recall seeing this, or even better, configure something like
this before?