NTFS vs. ext3 sharing was{Re: do I need to format this new external drive

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 16 02:57:23 UTC 2008

On 01/15/2008 01:05 PM, anthony baldwin wrote:

>> You can r/w to an ext3 with Windows, but in Windows you need to install
>> something like ex2ifs: http://www.fs-driver.org/ in order to read/write
>> to the ext3 drive. I suppose that there may be something similar for
>> older MAC's, but I've no experience with MAC.
>

> I'm not too concerned about writing to my drives with Windows.
> Baldwin Linguas is a 100% FOSS/Gnu/Linux shop...
>
> Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Cool, but in the event that you have a visiting windows laptop/guest,
keep the http://www.fs-driver.org/ link handy. I also am basically 100%
linux, but I also troubleshoot others windows systems, so I have 2 other
Windows drives that I can dual boot into.

As for FOSS... you are not 100% FOSS if you are running standard Ubuntu.
If you really want to do that, then you can install gobuntu:

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/gobuntu