Blogs, wikis and note-taking apps

tchomby tchomby at bluebottle.com
Tue Jan 15 18:37:40 UTC 2008

Quoting Chris Gauthier <cgauthie at pcc.edu>:
> http://www.wordpress.com
>
> They have blogs that you can set the option to require
> authentication to
> see the blog.  This sounds like just what you might be looking for.
>
> Plus, she can skin it any number of ways.

Ah, thanks for that. I hadn't considered that they might allow private blogs. It's perfect. Wordpress is great, and I really love the fact that this host is provided by some of the people who develop such a great open source software, and that compared to blogger, typepad, livejournal, movable type etc., it somehow manages to still be an underdog despite looking like a pretty great service.

Luminotes looked cool but as one person's personal project left me slightly uneasy about the safety of her data. That's probably just paranoia. Any wordpress.com looks like the right thing.