[SOLVED!] Where do gnome sticky-notes go at night?

David Armour d.f.armour at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 14 22:43:46 UTC 2008

Luis Mondesi <lemsx1 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Jan 8, 2008 3:16 PM, David Armour <d.f.armour <at> shaw.ca> wrote:
> >
> > A recent hard-drive up-grade went v. well, except for replacing the previous
<snip>
> > [Can] anyone ....suggest how I can recover my old notes?
>
> did you look under ~/.gconf* or ~/.gnome* ?

Thank you so much for your reply! .

The file I was looking for -- stickynotes_applet -- was indeed in the ~/.gnome2
subdirectory.

In a move that would give Sysiphus a good laugh or two, however, in my
excitement I subsequently managed to a) NOT make a preventative copy, and b)
move and overwrite the older file with the [empty] new one. I'm the guy in the
computer practices poster that warns newbies what NOT to do... Sigh.

Sorry for the delay in replying: I'd been at work and didn't check the gmane
page for several days. Seeing your reply (as well as Anthony Baldwin's) made my
day. I think I was also too embarrassed by my own klutziness initially to reply
right away. But maybe my experience can also help others.

Your reply definitely helped a lot! Merci beaucoup!