Firefox 3 Beta 2 installs ?

' =JeffH ' Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Sat Jan 12 00:23:04 UTC 2008

cms0009 at gmail.com said:
> Looking to install Firefox 3 Beta 2, via a .deb file if possible, or but want
> to make sure, I can upgrade it easy to the final version 3 when that comes
> out.

what I've been doing is installing it in /usr/local/mozilla from the .tar.bz2
file one can get from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

then it can be easily erased once a .deb of the official FF3 relase appears.

all of one's profile and config info is kept in ~/.mozilla/firefox, so it'll
be there when you migrate over to the production version.

one can also create a profile for use with FFb3 if one wants. here's the
command line I put in my .desktop file for "minefield" (the development name
for FF3)...

 /usr/local/mozilla/firefox/firefox  -no-remote -ProfileManager %u

=JeffH