Imagemagick and no delegates for format (jpg)

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 18:19:55 UTC 2008

James Cummings wrote:
> Actually, I spoke too soon.  The image bit is working fine (and even
> the style of montage I wanted worked straight off, which is a first!),
> but montage complains with:
>
> "montage: unable to read font
> `/usr/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.3.7/config//usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/n019003l.pfb'."
>
> which as a path is completely borked anyway... even
> /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/ doesn't exist... (even though
> ghostscript is installed of course).
>
> Any more suggestions?  I want to put captions on the photos, so
> presumably it needs to find a font!
>
> -James

You could try hacking it by putting in symbolic links in your filesystem
to direct imagemagick to the right place (once you've found out where
the ghostscript fonts /are/ installed - try 'sudo dpkg -L ghostscript')
But this might not deal with the double /.

Or else do ./configure --help and look carefully to see if there is a
path you can specify at compile time to deal with this issue.

andy.