Gutsy, FS V5535 Laptop, ndiswrapper, ssh problems

M. Emal Alekozai memala at gmx.net
Fri Jan 11 17:41:36 UTC 2008

Hi,
on my last email I didn't got any answers :-(.
Perhaps I didn't gave enough details in my last email ;-) .
Attached are the "missing" infos about the network card.
I installed manually the security updates.
The wlan works (ping, http, ssh) :-) now but the lan still has problems
with everything except ping :-(.

If I find the solution I will post it in the mailinglist.

Emal

root at ubuntu:/# lshw -C network
  *-network
       product: 191 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
       vendor: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
       physical id: 4
       bus info: pci at 0000:00:04.0
       logical name: wlan0
       version: 02
       serial: 00:a0:d1:c9:33:d3
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list ethernet physical
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ndiswrapper+sisgbe
driverversion=1.45+Silicon Integrated Systems ip=192.168.1.100 latency=0
link=yes module=ndiswrapper multicast=yes
  *-network
       product: AR5006EG 802.11 b/g Wireless PCI Express Adapter
       vendor: Atheros Communications, Inc.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci at 0000:02:00.0
       logical name: wlan1
       version: 01
       serial: 00:16:44:10:eb:c2
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet
physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ndiswrapper+net5211
driverversion=1.45+,06/21/2007,5.3.0.56 latency=0 link=no
module=ndiswrapper multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11g