New to linux questions

Michael Sears misears at insightbb.com
Thu Jan 10 19:29:22 UTC 2008

More wonky things afoot.  It has always taken a long time (5-6minutes)
to load to the desktop from startup, but today hit close to 10 minutes.
This seems really wierd to me since I really haven't put much on the
Hard drive.  My intermitant sound gremlin is back and now there is no
sound again. (ATI IXP onboard sound).

thnx,
Mike