Swapping users gives occassional whiteout - all but the cursor.

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 23:58:53 UTC 2008

I have the same problem on an nvidia-based family desktop. I resolved
to turn off effects for all users.

The problem is with compiz corrupting video.

Look at $HOME/.xsession-errors for the user that gives you problem.

The fix is to switch to a console and kill -9 all compiz (compiz.real)
processes. My users are not that savvy, so I turned off effects for
all until compiz is more mature.