Another Ubuntu on external drive question

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jan 3 23:58:53 UTC 2008

Tipton, Timothy wrote:

> Just a thought, but have you tried to reverse engineer a "pen-drive"
> distro and how they do it? I mean it would use the same concept, right?
> I donno, just thought I'd throw it out there...

I think my basic understanding was correct, but that the hardware just
sucked - I _did_ get it to mostly work, but there were write errors on the
drive.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to try a better drive, or
booting off a pen-drive with the majority of the system on the internal
drive.  That would involve messing with mother-in-law's computer, though...

I don't think I'm that brave.
--
derek