Lenovo 3000 N200 problems

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Fri Feb 29 23:19:33 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 02/29/2008 12:09 AM, squareyes wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> just acquired a Lenovo 3000 N200 very cheap, shop had lost box  software
>> etc, all I got was laptop and charger.
>> Am trying to install Ubuntu 7.04, and gets to message
>>

>> Have tried to install Win XP, and loads till a message no hard drive
>> installed...
>>

> If your system doesn't work with Knoppix
> then you generally have a real HW problem.

Hi,
managed to get Ubuntu 7.04 installed with gparted live CD, Deleted
partitions, and made an ext2.
I didn't get a Vista CD, now I have same problem, no CD recognized.

squareyes at squareyes-laptop:~$ cd /media/
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ ls
cdrom cdrom0
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ cd cdrom0
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom0$ ls
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom0$ cd /media/
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ cd cdrom
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom$ ls
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom$

Both cdrom and cdrom0 showing, but contents of cdrom drive not showing,
with a variety of Data, music, Video in drive. Seems strange, will
recognize drive to install, then it disappears.
etc/fstab
#
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
# /dev/sda1
UUID=df6fbe91-1836-4676-ba11-8380956c2f37 / ext3
defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
# /dev/sda5
UUID=ccf5409b-dc4c-496c-ac0e-ed6bff7c7e5a none swap sw 0 0
/dev/hda /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
/dev/hdb /media/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0

Any ideas most appreciated, maybe it wasn't as good a deal as I
thought:-) ($A490)
Take Care
Winton