how to disable fade before screensaver

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Feb 28 22:39:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 06:47 +1100, Peter Garrett wrote:
> The Gnome maintainer of gnome-screensaver, if I recall correctly,
> regards making screen savers configurable as a proof that the screen
> saver is "broken".

Peter, this is a misleading portrayal of his actual position which is
about as true as the cries of "Havoc Pennington does not want options in
Gnome" were a few years ago, prior to Gnome 2.

I read the original posting and ensuing discussion at the time, but
couldn't find it now through quick googling. I seem to remember that it
was ambiguously phrased and, like Havoc, intentionally misunderstood.
One must also not forget the context, which was xscreensaver's atrocious
UI. Some of his positions on this are explained here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeScreensaver/FrequentlyAskedQuestions