how to disable fade before screensaver

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 28 19:47:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:40:39 -0500
Zach <uid000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On my system (Ubuntu 7.10), the fade-to-black before gnome-screensaver
> kicks in doesn't behave properly.  I'd like to just disable the fade.
> Is there a way to turn it off?

The Gnome maintainer of gnome-screensaver, if I recall correctly, regards
making screen savers configurable as a proof that the screen saver is
"broken".

I think you might have just found one of the several ways that his
creation is, indeed, broken...

For what it's worth, on my laptop I simply removed the gnome screensaver,
installed xscreensaver , and lived happily ever after.

I won't say what I think of gnome-screensaver, because I prefer not to
contravene the Ubuntu Code of Conduct ;)

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net