Looking for a CLI tool for MP3 tagging

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:12:51 UTC 2008

Joachim Schrod a écrit :
> Christoph Bier wrote:
>> Joachim Schrod schrieb am 20.02.2008 17:08:
>
> Hello all,
>
>>> Can somebody recommend a command-line tool to change _one_ ID tag
>>> in an MP3 file? (I want to change the Genre tag, all other tags
>>> shall stay with the old values.)
>
> Rather late, I would like to thank all folks who answered my question.

Rather late me too :)

You can also try renaming a group of selected files with Amarok. Unless
you're into writing shell scripts, that sould even prove faster than the
cli, especially if the audio files are in different folders on different
partitions - once Amarok has scanned all your drives, you can chose to
add all of them to the playlist, then rename all of them from there (or
select only a few, whatever the directories they are in. Quite
convenient if you use multiple partition and can't remember some odd
files scattered here and there.