Installing Ubuntu

Joseph ragweed at e-pops.org
Wed Feb 27 11:59:58 UTC 2008

It's a new and unused drive of 20 Gb.  The reason I'm using 20 is
because it's an older Gateway machine and I can't seem to get a larger
drive to work as a "C" drive.

It apparently stops loading.  It goes through all the loading references
on the brown Ubuntu screen, but then it goes to another screen and
doesn't seem to move from there.

Oh yes, I've waited to between one and two hours for it.

I'll try it again this evening and see if it will load over night.

Joseph

_____
Raseel Bhagat wrote:
Couple of questions :
1. Are you sure that  there is enough space in the partition that you
are trying to install Ubuntu
2. What exactly do you mean by stops ? Does it give any error ? Have you
tried waiting for some more time.

My best guess is that due to low RAM, the amount of time taken to copy
installation files is more. Try again and wait for more time this time.