Javascript & java in Gutsy 64bit version

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:11:33 UTC 2008

On 23/02/2008, Brian Clarkson <brian at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
> "The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to be
> enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you are
> you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now.
> Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by
> downloading here."

URL?

> I can't find any reference to javascript in 'Add/Remove Applications'.

JavaScript is not installed separately it's normally built into the Web Browser.

> Could anybody advise me please??  (I am fairly new to the Linux world)

It's likely you don't have Flash installed (or don't have a new enough
version of Flash).

Open Firefox and type in the address bar about:plugins
One of the items on that page should say Flash, there may be more than one.

If the highest version is less than 9.something, or there isn't an
entry for flash you need to install it.

See: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/Flash

In brief:
- Enable multiverse
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu#head-5bbef89639d9a7d93fe38f6356dc17847d373096
or http://tinyurl.com/y8s8l2
- Open Synaptic and search for "flashplugin-nonfree"
- Tick to install and click apply.

Try the site again.

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath